Key benefits include:
· Prevention of lower back issues. The Desk Yoga postures stretch out muscles around the lumbar vertebrae to counteract the compression of sitting on our bottoms! Tight hip flexors and the piriformis are stretched out, preventing sciatica.
· Opening of tight shoulders. Most of the day we spend with our arms in front of us and this tightens the shoulders. Desk Yoga helps to mobilise the joints and expand the front of the chest.
· Loosening stiff necks. We very rarely turn our heads and most of us carry stress and tension in our necks. Desk Yoga helps to relieve this tension.
· Improving energy levels. Desk Yoga involves postures that open the chest and heart area, therefore increasing oxygen uptake and increased vitality.
· Increased sense of wellbeing. Taking time out to do yoga postures can help people to bring their attention to themselves in the present moment and inspire a sense of connectedness. This can help people to cope with elevated levels of stress and tension.
Click for Office Yoga